Telescope cam creation

Transformed webcam

This is a continuation of my Telescope cam debugging blog.

Unfortunately it proved rather hard to obtain  plastic mounting feet and screws tiny enough for me to be able to put the camera assembly in a small project box. However,  I did realised I had a custom fit plastic camera housing to hand - the one I'd just cracked open.

I'd noticed earlier that metallic ring with Zeiss branding on the front of the camera was pretty much the same diameter as the 1½ inch eyepieces and adapters I have. Since I have two adapter rings (I was generously given a second one as part of a kit by mig5) I decided to glue an adapter ring straight onto the camera housing.

Bloaargh Refresh

Bootstrap screenshot

In 2007 I moved my blog from my own bespoke CMS into Drupal. Back then, Drupal 6 was the state of the art and so that's what I used.

Drupal 7 came out just under two years ago, but for many and varied reasons there was a significant lag before contributed modules were updated to work with the newer Drupal core. I happily kept working mainly with Drupal 6 until I got a job developing new sites using Drupal 7 at the start of this year.